Over three hours the class will create a single page web site. Topics covered include;
- fundamentals of the Internet and browsers
- using a code editor and organizing files and folders
- writing syntactically correct HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- importance of user design and accessibility
- how to implement libraries and frameworks
- using an API (application program interface)
After the class students will be given access to further training materials to solidify the skills and technologies they have been introduced to in the class.
No previous experience of web design is necessary, but you do need to be comfortable with installing programs, surfing the web and editing text.
Where – Burlington Public Library
Cost – Free
Suitable for – Older teens (14-18 years old)
Software – Sublime Text, Animate CSS (Library), Skeleton (Framework)